Saturday, February 6, 2010

Spring Inside.


Goodness gracious, Pennsylvania has certainly been getting the treatment from Mother Nature the past couple of days! Just as I thought the winter doldrums were making their way out the door, we receive a heaping 2 feet of snow and counting! This morning, I opened my curtains to discover our vehicles half buried, and not to mention my bare feet having an impromptu cuddle with a blanket of snow when I opened my front door. Yikes!




After sighing a spectacular sigh, I decided to stop being such a sourpuss and take a few wintry outfits shots. That is, until I realized that everyone and their brother was outside shoveling their walkways, and I still feel incredibly silly taking any sort of photo while several people are around. Especially when I'm clad in a dress, making awkward and goofy poses.

Consequently, I ended up hiding away in my bedroom all afternoon, choosing springtime outfits and snapping a few photos of those!









Outfit #1
Pink lace drop-waist dress: Goodwill
Blue Blazer: Via Strawberry Koi Vintage
Antique Pocket Watch: An heirloom from my great grandfather
Brown ankle bow heels: Thrifted
Vintage hat: Local antique shop
Suitcase: Antique shop
Needlepoint purse: Antique shop

Outfit #2
Navy blue polka dotted 1940's dress: Thrifted
Red hat box: Local antique shop

Outfit #3
Cream cable knit cardigan: Thrifted
Baby blue ruffle neck sleeveless blouse: Via Q's Daydream Vintage
Cream skirt: Forever21
Blue suitcase: Thrifted


And the song of the post is David Bowie's "Changes", which has been stuck in my head for what feels like forever! But that's alright, I adore the chorus.




Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES!

15 comments:

jess said...

I've gotten so much snow too. I love the pink dress.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collages and pretty outfits!

tess said...

yea the snow is ridiculous for here!

Kelley Anne said...

Oh my gosh, I love your 40's dress. You thrifted that polka dotted beauty? I'm in awe.

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Lovely photos! I'm in love with your polka dot dress as well as your shoes!!!

Vicki said...

I love your blog :) so cute and girly!! cant believe the snow you got! at least u could stay inside! weve had snow for weeks but unfort not enough to stop from venturing out to work. Love the 2nd outfit!
magpie-girl.blogspot.com xo

The Cat and The Cow said...

EEEEEE!!! Such cute outfits! I cant wait for spring! I cant believe that polka dot dress was thrifted! What a great find!

DalenaVintage said...

I love that song, it gets stuck in my head alllllll the time!

Heather said...

"After sighing a spectacular sigh." Haha, I love that.

Gorgeous photos and outfits!

Emily said...

You have such incredible style. Outfit #2 fits you FLAWLESSLY.

Silmi Sabila said...

Oh gosh you've got a great blog. A really great one. It's so vintage and I just love it so much.

Ena said...

Great outfits! I love your room too...

Andrea Eames said...

I love the second outfit - the one with the red case and polka-dot dress. Perfect! They're all lovely, though.

And - crazy snow! Wow.

sanjeet said...

Beautiful collages and pretty outfits!
fashion videos

Fabiola "Fab" said...

can't have enough of your beautiful photos!!! and style is smashing!!!