Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Evening In The City, And A Slightly Disappointed H&M Shopper.



Navy Blue Bow Jacket: Local Antique Shop.
White Dress: eBay.
Vintage Slips: Thrifted.
Navy Blue Net Hat: Local Antique Shop.
Navy Blue and White Spectator Heels: Thrifted.
Red Hatbox: Antique Shop.


Yesterday, I spent a lovely evening in the city with one of my very best friends, whom I've lost contact with over the past 2 years. It was wonderful to catch up with her, and I regret the time we spent apart from each other. After 20 years of friendship, however, we were able to pick up right where we left off, and brush off those 2 lost years! Our tiny adventure led us right into the arms of H&M. I always have rather high hopes upon entering this store; I seem to have a way of over-glamorizing it. The very first thing I noticed was the obnoxious techno music that was playing, then the overabundance of brightly-colored, collarless, short sleeved blouses. Not that I don't enjoy sifting through a plethora of blouses, but It just seemed as if they completely and utterly consumed the entire building, and I was left suffocating in a raging sea of hot pink and purple Bohemian prints (Which I never really got along with)! I ended up leaving with a floral dress that was on super-sale, and a very pretty pair of floral sandals. Not all was lost! Forever 21 was right next door to H&M, and it was able to gently gather and mold together the pieces of my heart that H&M seemed to carelessly stomp all over. Shopping for new clothing always has a way of making me appreciate thrift shopping much more, though. I was having so much trouble actually making my way to the register to pay just $20 for a dress. When you're a consistent thrifter, there's nothing but guilt in those situations, as silly as that may sound.

I harbor no complaints for the city, however. The weather was ideal and the air had a muggy, summery, cook-out type feel to it as the sun started to set. The Pittsburgh art festival was going on all around us, there was live folk music playing, and the ground fountains were proudly making their appearance in an assortment of brilliant colors. The only thing that topped all of this were the slices of white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake that we both devoured before saying our goodbyes to the city that we seem to fall in love with all over again, each time we venture to it.







12 comments:

CaitieCatherwood1314 said...

oooh! What a lovely outfit! I love how you wear net hats! I have a white one from my great grandmother. I tried to wear it once, but my mother quickly informed me that it looked like I was playing dress up, and I had to agree with her. Any tips on how to wear them well?

~ Caitie

Suzannah said...

lovely pictures and outfit :)

Polly Farthing said...

Beautiful outfit Pen - Love that hat box it's a real beauty x

Aurélie Muller said...

oh i didn't know your blog, i love it! i put your blog in my favorites!

Darla: Retro Ways said...

Gorgeous outfit. ♥

With Violets Fashion said...

I love the brown bag/suitcase you're carrying! I also love the hat :).
Yeah, I know what you mean about H&M - I put that store on such a high pedestal, hehe.
Great outfit! :)

Eyeliah SS said...

Oh that is so nice you could reconnect, it can be hard to do but so magical that it worked out. :-)

Mars said...

what a beautiful collage! and outfit, too :) especially the hat and suitcase!

Wonderlander said...

Love your blog! going to add you to my links x

LadyDiaphane said...

You have a such lovely blog !
nice pictures, oufits .... ^^

disa said...

伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區

Nicomi "Nix" Turner said...

Your blog is lovely!