Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland.


I have been hearing rumors for almost a year now that Tim Burton has been working on a version of Alice In Wonderland that is expected to be released in 2010. Since my ears met this spectacular rumor, I have been scouring the internet, attempting to learn more about said movie. Finally, after months of sheer anticipation and whipping up ideas of what the characters might look like, IMDB has released photos!





Mia Wasikowska as Alice.



Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter.



Helena Bonham Carter as The Red Queen.



Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum.


Anne Hathaway as The White Queen.






I'm not sure how this could be any more of a feast for the eyes! It's so much more than my mind could ever have conjured. I find myself coming out of my skin with excitement, as I have been a fan of the whimsical tale of Alice In Wonderland for quite some time. I now await in incredible anticipation for March 5th 2010, when I shall race to the ticket booth with dollars in hand, bursting with child-like glee!

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

23 comments:

Wonderlander said...

I cannot contain my excitement about this film! I adore Tim Burton's work, and Alice in Wonderland is one of my biggest inspirations in life! thank you for the pictures x

Aya Smith said...

OH, I am SOOO excited for this! Just like the comment above, it's hard to contain!

I am getting giddy just thinking about it :D

WONDERfull post! ;)

Anonymous said...

they really do look stunning, I can't wait

Myy said...

I can't wait for this film!!!
Lovely blog, by the way.
x

Rose said...

Doesnt it look fabulous! I cant wait! If only it came out sooner than 2010.

Rose

Katie Burry said...

Ooooh! Johny Depp will will be really good as the mad Hatter, and it'll be interesting to see how Anne Hathaway does!

Glad you posted again!

~ Caitie

Anonymous said...

i cant wait either :D

Hope Thompson said...

Yaaaaaaaaay I'm so glad you posted about this! I'm so excited for it, I love the look of the Red Queen the most. Can't wait can't wait. ^.^

Hannah said...

It is going to be AMAZING, I only wish it could be released sooner! You did a great job of displaying the pictures :)

Mars said...

i need to find out when this comes out straight away!! how exciting, this is going to be sooo fun :D

Anonymous said...

Johnny Depp can do no wrong!! So excited! When you were doing your research, did you happen to come across any info on Marilyn Manson's version of Alice in Wonderland? I believe model Lily Cole is playing Alice.

j. said...

Ohmi. Ive been looking for these.. gorgeous! But really didnt expect anything less from Tim Burton. :) I cant wait for this.. seriously.

xx

V

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting up the pictures I am so excited too!

Polly x

Marie said...

What a visual treat!Anne H. looks amazing. I am so excited to see that! I love the books The Looking Glass Wars, which retell the story of Alice coming into our world and going back...

Anonymous said...

Hey Penelope
How are you doing my dear?

I tagged you in http://pollyfarthing.blogspot.com/2009/07/6-things-that-make-me-happy.html

Look forward to reading yours!

Polly

Miss Woody said...

oh magnifiques ces photos ! j'ai hâte de voir ce film !

Andrea Eames said...

I am sooo excited about this film.

ADOREDVINTAGE said...

Your blog is so full of whimsy! ^_^

Anaïs said...

I have hust dicovered your blog and I love it ! ^^

Ladydiaphane.blogspot.com

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

ooh this looks fantastic and I love your blog too!

Katie Burry said...

It's me again. I'm just back to tell you that I nominated you for an award. You can read the post on my blog.

~ Caitie

Wonderlander said...

I've given you a blog award! Check it out on my blog xx

Unknown said...

I am so excited to see this.

I too wish to live in a historic town by the sea! Your blog is lovely.