Hope, from Pansy Lane, recently tagged me, and I just discovered it today! I'm probably one of the worst bloggers in the history of blogington, because I've started to neglect it after my very first post! My life has been sort of a bore as of late, and I've been a bit caught up in silly things, like work and sleep. Ugh, still no excuse, though.
1. What is your current obsession? The sea, and every beautiful thing that's associated with it. Historic harbor towns, ships, dunes! I'm beginning to think that I've viewed every single photo available to me, and I've been looking everywhere for a ship print dress. I've also been addicted to searching for vintage photographs of ship passengers. It's so charming to me to see them all dolled up in their minks and extravagant dresses, and I love whipping up detailed scenarios of what adventures they may have partaken in on their way to their destinations!
2. What is your weirdest obsession? Collecting vintage perfume bottles and makeup containers. I have so many of them, it's hard to keep track! Most of the vintage makeup I have still has most of the actual makeup inside. My sister thinks it's gross that I keep such things around, but the bottles and containers were just made so much more glamorous than than they are today, I feel they need to be appreciated! I'm lucky because I can usually find them on the "Everything is a dollar" shelf in antique shops.
3. What do you see outside your window? Tiny chipmunks! I don't know what it is about this year, but I'm noticing so many of them, it's almost unreal! They tend to gather and frolic about right outside of my apartment window. When they're not chasing each other in an endless circle, they're popping their chipmunky heads out of small holes in the ground. Not only chipmunks, but birds have been perching on the deck more than usual and I've even caught squirrels staring into the windows! It makes me wonder if my parents forgot to tell me that I am, in fact, Snow White.
4. What is your favorite color? I've been falling deeper in love with mint green. When mint green is an option for an item I'm interested in, it's as if the other colors don't even exist! It's just so fresh and summery, I want to eat it! I'm sure this will change with the weather, however.
5. What is your weakness? The two words that make my scanty bank account's knees quiver at the very thought of them! Antique Stores!
6. What animal would you be? This changes frequently, I think. When I'm exhausted beyond the point of exhaustion, I would love to be a sloth. They sleep 15-18 hours a day, and sometimes that just seems beautiful to me! Any other time, however, I would love to be bird. Flying would be magical, and I could visit so many wonderful places that both distance and money prevent me from visiting.
7. What would you like to learn how to do? Oh, this is an easy one- sew. Life would be a bit simpler, if I knew how to properly sew. Ah, I would be fashionably boundless!
8. What do you want to never happen in life? I would never want to back down from my morals, because of the current era I'm living in. When I believe in something, I get almost annoyingly passionate about it. It has ruined past friendships and labeled me an absolute drag to be around, in today's standards. I'm content with it, however, and like to believe that in the long-run it's one of my not-so-bad attributes.
9. What is on your bedside table? A fairly large model of the Queen Anne's ship, a ceramic rose, and a framed photo of Justin.
10. What's the last thing you bought? I went yard sale-ing this morning, so I purchased lots of lovely items, for cheap! A vintage hat box, cream dress gloves with pretty bows on the tops, a 1940's hat, a picnic basket, and finally an exercise bicycle, so I can exercise whilst I feast my eyes upon old movies!
11. What do you think about the person who tagged you? Aaah, she's one of the most adorable girls ever! She has a Colleen Moore hairstyle that I envy so, and she collects vintage suitcases, like I do!
11. What was your favorite children's book? When I was a wee girl, Peppermint was my favorite book. The illustrations were so soft, and I loved that each of the kittens from the candy store were named after an assortment of candies that each matched the kittens' fur!
13. Who do you want to meet in person? Sadly, everyone I want to meet is dead =(. Corinne Griffith is first on my list, preferably when she was going through some sort of supposed identity crisis, because it's just so interestingly odd to me. Also, I would have loved to have a conversation with Elliott Smith or, at the very least, made it to one of his concerts before he died.
14. What did you want to be as a child? Most of my passions have always circled around the arts. I wanted to be a freelance photographer and capture the lovely, yet sometimes overlooked things that life has to offer. I believe as some point, I wanted to be a Child Psychologist, as well, but for the majority of my life, I wanted to be some sort of an artist.
15. What did you dream about last night? I was exploring an abandoned house, but couldn't enjoy it due to the fear of Asbestos. Which, in real life, I fear far too much.
16. Which do you prefer, day or night? Oh, I love the tranquility of nighttime, especially during the summer. I live for nights of laying on the porch swing, getting lost in a good book, and being serenaded by the lovely song of crickets. Morning, however, has it's perks, too, because sunsets are magnificent and I love feeling like I have a whole day ahead of me. Especially when I don't have to work and my day is a complete blank slate, just waiting to be painted on with all sorts of adventures!
17. What's your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? Aaah, a very difficult question! Right now, it's my red, sleeveless 1950's dress that I thrifted several months ago, because I feel elegant when it's paired with a crinoline slip and peep-toed pumps. Being that I don't feel elegant very often, it's a nice change of pace!
18. What's your plan for tomorrow? Tomorrow morning, I'm teaching the 4-year-olds at church, then who knows! Sundays are usually wonderfully lazy, because most places close rather early. I would love to visit the abandoned factory a few miles down the road, but Justin works, and I just can't go on an adventure without my partner in crime!
19. What would you like to get your hands on right now? A dress that I recently won on eBay. It's sitting at the post office as I type, and I can't get to it because it's closed until Monday! Also, this mug because I would love to look more distinguished as I drink my morning tea:
20. What is your must-have of the moment? Anything of vintage travel decor. I'm moving three hours away in August, and I'm already decorating my future living room.
21. What's your favorite tea flavor? I like a fruity flavor in the morning; blackberry tea is probably my favorite. However, Justin bought me Raspberry Chocolate tea, and it's perfect for the evening when everything is calming down.
22. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? In the completely unrealistic sense, I would go to Capeside, Massachusetts! While ashamed to admit it, I've been hooked on Dawson's Creek reruns lately, and have been sort of swept away by a fictional town. Realistically, I would really fancy visiting a harbor town right now, so I could watch ships for the remainder of the night.
Now, I tag.. anyone who wants to fill this out =)!
On a side note, I smelled summer for the first time this year, as I took a barefoot night drive. In the distance, random fireworks burst in magnificent color over the treetops, and the summer wind trickled in through the open windows and brushed against my face. It was the first magical experience of the summer, and made me anticipate hopefully many more to come. Oh, but then I got pulled over by a policeman because of my expired registration sticker. He gave me a $160 fine, and informed me that if I get caught again, I'll lose my license for a year. Such is life.